Filling court papers

0 Thanks
4 Posts
15 years ago
Dear RLA my section 8 has officially expired and I have downloaded the N119 and N5 forms (I am abroad in the Middle-East).
Firstly, should I have already contacted the court, or does this get done when the papers get submitted (the house is in Thanington, Canterbury). Secondly, where it asks for Claimant's address, shall I put my address in Middle-East or is it ok to put c/o my mother's address in Dover, as that's where correspondence would reach quickest and my mother knows she can open mail regarding this matter?
- For 'Defendant' name and address do I put my address (the one he is supposed to be renting from me?)
For 'the claimant is claiming possession of' do I put the house address of the rental property?
Can my mother sign the papers at the bottom of the N5 and N119? This would save time, as it could otherwise take up to another week for the papers to reach England!
I would be so grateful if you could respond today, because as I said above, the section 8 has already officially expired.
Many thanks


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.