Going alone
General Discussion

0 Thanks
2 Posts
10 years ago
I am the owner of house which is has been let to the same tenant for the past seven years or so through a letting agents. I have no problem with the agents but I have now decided to manage the property myself. At the same time, as there has been no rent increase for the past 3 years it is my intention to increase it by 5% to market value. I believe at present the Tenancy agreement is periodic having started life as AST.The agents tell me they have a deposit of 1 months rent protected by an appropriate scheme.
I intend going on the RLA landlords course, but in the meantime can anybody advise me if I need to set up a new AST agreement with the tenant, if so,what would be the sequence of events and what documentation should I serve on the tenant?
Many Thanks

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.