Housing Benefit tenant in arrears
Rent Arrears

0 Thanks
1 Posts
10 years ago

I have a HB tenant who is in arrears and on whom I have served a section 21 notice. The Council are now paying me direct for HB although the tenant has stopped paying me her top up so that the arrears are accruing.

What are my rights regarding evicting this tenant? Is there anything further that I can do? Do I serve a further section 8 notice?

She has apparently applied to the CAB for an interest free loan to clear her arrears and has applied to the council for a discretionary housing payment.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.