Landlord enquiry

0 Thanks
3 Posts
10 years ago
I am a member of RLA and have paid membership for over two years. I have an enquiry.

My mother and I who are landlords are renting a maisonette to two people who have joint tenancy. One of the tenants is complaining about the windows being too draughty. Within two weeks I got some secondary glazing with acrylic plastic and magnetic strips. This cost us about £800.

the tenant is still not happy and is complaining that it is the windows that need changing.

we got in touch with the freeholders - community trust housing in Lambeth and they said that they are responsible for the windows only if it is in a state of disrepair. if it is draught then we would have that responsibility.

my question to you is:

a) what does the disrepair mean - the windows are shaky and some do not close properly. they are coming on Tuesday to have a look.

b) what should I do if the tenant continues to complain. I have done the secondary glazing. what can I tell him that would not put me in a state that he can win if he takes it on legally.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.