General Discussion

2 Thanks
61 Posts
10 years ago
Please check - tenants moved in Nov.8th 2013 - rent due 8th each month. Paid one month inadvance and paid part of 6 weeks deposit in advance. Unable to pay full deposit as waiting for return of deposit from previous landlord.I agreed to wait until December 8th when next months rent is due and remainder of deposit.
I can then protect deposit and issue S21.
a) S21 - 6 months will be 8th May 2014 so do I put on S21 July 8th 2014?
b) Tenants have asked me for character reference ? Surely this is not correct - never been asked before.
c) young unmarried couple but both in work. Guarantors are her parents ( both working)living long way away - renting council house. Can they fill in guarators form witnessed by doctor, vicar etc. and then send by post to tenants? I do not need to see them?
d) tenants character references filled in by their employers?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.