Tracking tenants who are being evicted
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

0 Thanks
8 Posts
10 years ago
I have a possession order for a residential property with 2 tenants.
I am using the services of an HCEO, who is going through the process of transferring the court order to the high court for a writ.
I am then hoping that I will get vacant possession through the work of the HCEO.

At the same time I have a County Court judgement for the amount of £2500 plus daily rent until they leave.

When they leave I do not excpect to get a forwarding address from them! Having researched the parents' address that they gave me when moving in, it looks like the parents have moved out from this address. ( although they have lived there in the past).

Is there anything I can do at this stage, while they are still in my property, and I know where they are, which will facilitate finding them later. (So I can pursue the debt).

I do not want to start any process that will rely on them remaining at the property, as my main concern is to get possession of the house.

I have good reason to beleive that one of them has the funds to pay, so would like to pursue the debt.

Many thanks for any advice.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.