Remaining tenant causing nuisance
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

0 Thanks
28 Posts
9 years ago
AST is in joint names but a few months ago I was informed by Housing Benefit that one tenant had moved out. I did not issue a new AST.(now rolling tenancy)
remaining tenant is now causing a nuisance to neighbours and police action may follow.

Can I issue a section 21 in his name only even though the AST has both names?

Do you agree it is best to go down the Section 21 route before more problems occur?

Kind regards


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.