Declaring a country for tax purposes.
Tax Planning and Financial

0 Thanks
6 Posts
9 months ago


Recently changed countries (to DE) and my UK bank used for the rent has sent me a letter asking which country i want to declare for tax purposes (UK or Germany).  Theres only one property and the rent is around the tax threshold.

Wondered if anyone out there had any experience of this, i’d like to know:

- must i declare in UK where the property is ?

- can i choose to declare in germany where i reside ?

-  is there a straightforward solution for reporting via est. agent?

- is there a landlord tax advisorout there  that isn’t too expensive? 

Thanks in advance Mark.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.