At GetGround we specialise in setting up, structuring and running UK Limited companies (Ltds) to help clients looking to purchase UK investment properties.
GetGround's Ltd companies are set up using a best practice methodology and therefore the companies created include high quality legal documents, are designed to be tax efficient and work with mortgage lenders. We can set up a company and execute all legal documents in as little as 20 minutes and everything can be done online.
The service includes:
- Setting up a UK limited company for you
- Providing a UK company bank account
- Coordinating with your solicitor to purchase your property into your company
- Doing everything required to run your company including bookkeeping, accounting, tax filing, formation legal documents, secretarial work and registered office
The benefits of using a company to purchase UK buy-to-let property include:
- Tax efficiencies
- Limited personal liability
- Easily buy and sell with others
- Improved inheritance planning
- Well developed mortgage markets
The main tax advantages come from:
- The ability to deduct mortgage interest from your UK tax bill (with personal ownership you only get a basic rate credit)
- Efficiently take rental income from your company by means of owner loan repayments, pension contributions or dividends
- Lower capital gains tax on sale of shares vs. property
- If you sell shares, no SDLT for the buyer, which translates as a price advantage to the seller
Our fees for all the services above are a one-time sign up of £500 (exc vat) and monthly subscription of £20 (exc vat) per company. Effectively, a customer can run their entire company for 12 x £20/ month = £240 year. This is typically 10x more cost effective than alternatives in the market.
Freemans Solicitors was established in 1995 and have a reputation for personal attention and a high standard of professional service, regardless of the nature or value of the case. We advise both individuals and businesses on a wide range of legal affairs.
Our emphasis on client care and excellence is reflected in positive client feedback, awards, rankings in the two leading directories of the most highly regarded law firms and a significant client following.
We currently service work in:
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Crime and Regulatory
- Family, Children and Divorce
- Family Mediation
- Company and Business law
- Wills, Estate Planning and Probate
Our team of experienced specialist residential conveyancing lawyers service a full range of work, from the purchase and sale of property, dealing with remortgages and equity release/transfer to the acquisition of larger development sites and the sale of residential plots.
We act on behalf of both freeholders and leaseholders in enfranchisement matters and lease extensions. We also deal with the sale and purchase of freehold and leasehold commercial premises and the granting of commercial leases and portfolios.
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
We deal with a wide range of litigation law, including cases at various levels of the Civil Courts and a range of Tribunals. Of particular interest may be the work of our landlord and tenant litigation specialists. They provide personalised assistance across various issues, including possession proceedings/forfeiture, recovery of rent arrears, breach of other covenants, residential dilapidations claims, nuisance claims, and trespass. They can also deal with disputes about boundaries, access and rights of way, and rooftop/airspace development.
We can advise and represent Landlords concerning a range of issues, including defending claims for Rent Repayment Orders and alleged legislative breaches that could attract criminal liability. These include alleged breaches of the Housing Act 2004, HMO Regulations, and failure to comply with Planning Enforcement. We can assist at the investigation stage, by advising on and challenging resultant civil penalties, including on appeal and representation at court for those cases that lead to a prosecution. We have a particular specialism in HMO work. One of our team is the author of a specialist legal textbook in this area, relied upon for guidance by other lawyers.
If you are looking to recover any losses in rent from past or present tenants, Helpland can assist you.
There are a few different methods for recovering rent owed when regular rent recovery methods were ineffective.
These methods include:
- Third Party Debt
- Debt collection performed by someone outside of the initial transaction or contract
- 7 Day Demand
- A letter drafted by a lawyer demanding payment within the fixed period of seven days
- Statutory Demand
- As the creditor, you can make this demand without involving a lawyer, giving your tenant 21 days to either pay their rent arrears or reach an agreement to pay. If your tenant fails to respond within the stated period, you may be entitled to apply for your tenant's bankruptcy.
- Ground Rent
- Referring to recovery of Ground Rent using a rent recovery collection service
At Helpland we understand that each household situation can be different from the other and one service might not be suitable for everyone. Therefore, we aim to offer a more personalised service by asking you for the additional information needed to help us tailor solutions to your particular rent recovery circumstance.
- Fully automated online system
- Online case tracking facility
- Telephone support line
- Fixed Price solution under normal circumstances*
- Personalised service
- Discounted rates to NRLA Members
If you have a problem tenant then Landlord Action are your fixed-fee eviction specialist solicitors.
Unlike other fixed fee operators, have peace of mind knowing Landlord Action is fully authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Landlord Action deal directly with the courts, resolving issues quickly and efficiently.
Landlord Action were one of the original NLA and RLA Recognised Suppliers and Paul Shamplina, the founder of Landlord Action, is a frequent speaker at NRLA meetings alongside his work on Channel 5's Nightmare Tenants, Slum Landlords and LBC's Property Hour.
- Eviction advice
- Tenant eviction in three steps - notice, claim, bailiff
- Remove squatters
- Rent and other debt recovery
- HMO disputes
- General litigation
Contact Landlord Action if you want to serve a Section 8 or Section 21 notice or need to issue a claim with the courts.
With new notice periods and court rules in place, Landlord Action now offers a joint service with Property Redress Scheme Mediation to serve a notice and also contact your tenant to try to agree a resolution to your matter.
- NRLA members receive a £30 discount on Landlord Action instruction.
- NRLA members get Step 1 of the PRS tenancy mediation service for free
Seddons is a Central London law firm with a specialist Property Dispute Resolution team advising landlords on all tenancy problems including rent arrears, squatters and the recovery of possession.
The team also advises private, corporate and institutional landlords on their commercial and residential holdings, development rights and opportunities, business tenancy terminations and renewals, possession and dilapidations strategies, service charge and management related issues.
The team contains specialists in Enfranchisement Law (advising on the acquisition of freeholds and lease extensions) and acts for both landlords and tenants in this niche area - including before the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal or the Lands Tribunal.
Seddons has a significant commercial and residential property practice with teams for conveyancing, secured lending, commercial contracts and employment issues.
It also has specialist departments dealing with family and divorces, Wills, probate and trusts, and general and commercial litigation, including insolvency and debt recovery.
Please contact John Midgley at Seddons on 020 7725 8000 or by email at email@example.com if you would like assistance or further information about our services.
15% discount on Seddons' usual fees for landlord and tenant disputes. An estimate of fees will be provided at the outset.
The EPC Man
The EPC Man Network provides Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) for both Domestic and Commercial Properties throughout the UK. If you are letting a property in the UK, you must provide an EPC to potential tenants.
All EPC Man Assessors are fully accredited and insured to provide EPC's for all types of rental properties. Please visit www.theepcman.co.uk and select your local area to find the contact details of your local Energy Performance Certificate provider.
- Domestic Energy Performance Certificates
- Commercial Property Energy Performance Certificates
- Advice on Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards introduced in April 2018
Glixtone Fungi-Shield is a washable, highly decorative paint for any internal areas that are susceptible to mould and blackspot, giving long lasting protection. The Glixtone Fungi-Shield products can be bought nationwide by Selco Builders Warehouse.
GLIXTONE FUNGI-SHIELD is manufactured in Redditch Worcestershire by Carr’s Coatings Ltd., Trading as Trimite Global Coatings.
We have been supplying Glixtone. Fungi-Shield to Councils, Housing Associations and private Landlords for over 20 Years.
GLIXTONE FUNGI-SHIELD will not stop condensation or damp but when applied it is impossible for mould spores to survive on its surface as the active biocide is distributed evenly over the whole paint film and will keep killing the spores on contact. This is a long lasting solution to what can be a never ending battle.
Known as ‘the paint that actually works’; our paints are used by many landlords, forming part of their refurbishing protocol to reduce the risk of solving mould and blackspot problem areas.
Unique Selling Points:
- Suitable for ANY internal walls & ceilings
- Fully Washable after 5 days
- Easy to apply (roller or brush)
- Environmentally friendly – Water Based
- LONG LASTING PERFORMANCE
- 20 Years and NEVER a FAILURE
GLIXTONE FUNGI-SHIELD is available in WHITE or MAGNOLIA as standard in a MATT finish
Please note that any contract for the supply of goods/services will be made between you and the provider of the goods/services; not with the National Residential Landlords Association or any of its associated companies. The NRLA has no liability in relation to any contract entered into by you as the NRLA only acts as an introducer.
Find out more about what checks the NRLA performs on our Due Diligence Checklist page.